The Importance of Slippers for Plantar Fasciitis Patients
After a long day at the office, the first thing the majority of people do when they get home is to take off their shoes and put on slippers that they wear around the house. That feeling when your foot is finally out of the shoe is sometimes the best part of the day.
For me, for example, it marks the exact point of the day when I can stop thinking about work, and just do the things I like, relax, watch a movie, read a good book, browse the web for silly things that make me laugh and a thousand things more I can’t do while I’m working.Click here to buy now
If you’re one of the people who prefer to wear slippers at home or are thinking about starting to, and at the same time have Plantar Fasciitis, not any kind of slipper will do the trick. The same way your shoes offer you support and cushioning to alleviate the pain related to your condition and the tension to your arch, your slippers must provide you with the same features.Every step counts when it comes to Plantar Fasciitis, including those you take at home. You might think they’re insignificant because they’re so few at a time, but do you remember the stabbing pain you feel in the morning or after a good long rest? It’s not exactly like you have to walk a mile before the pain kicks in, isn’t it?
Plantar Fasciitis doesn’t care if you’re at home, at the office, shopping for groceries or finally enjoying your well-earned vacations. Which means that if you’re serious about your recovery process, you need to make sure your feet have the support they need at all times.
There are many different high-quality slippers out there available and built specifically for women with Plantar Fasciitis. Orhtaheel Women’s Relax Slippers is an amazing option to consider since it provides excellent support and stability to your foot. It will give your foot everything it needs, so it can relax and heal. And, in case that isn’t enough for you, they’re so comfortable that even when your Plantar Fasciitis goes away, you most likely won’t want to take them off!
What’s So Special About it?
1. Shock Absorption
The midsole of the slipper is made of flexible EVA material, which is perfect for absorbing the impact of your every step. Which is, as we know, extremely important to reduce the pain in your heel caused by Plantar Fasciitis.
But, if besides the pain in your foot you’re also experiencing ankle or knee pain (as many people do), you’ll be thrilled to now that the fact that the EVA midsole absorbs the impacts, works wonders for these joints as well. Yes, goes beyond protecting your foot. Amazing, isn’t it? I mean, who wouldn’t want to have their ankles and knees protected too?
Thanks to its uniquely designed upper part, you can make the slipper as loose or tight as you like. This way your slippers will always hold your foot in place without feeling tight.
Is it really humid outside and you went for a long running session, so your feet are swollen? No need to put on your husband’s, brother’s or father’s slippers, just adjust the strap on the upper part and you’re good to go!
3. Arch Support, Pronation, and Stability
The reason I’m mentioning all three together is that they’re all a part of the slipper’s amazing footbed.
It has Orthaheel’s signature arch support, one that will not let you down no matter what, and will always help you keep your pain in check and the stress to your arch at a minimum.
If you ever looked into Orthaheel and its products, you must have heard about their amazing Tri-Planar Motion Control System, another great feature that’s part of the footbed. This makes the slipper especially appropriate for all you overpronators out there because it aligns your foot to keep it within its natural range of movement.
When it comes to stability you’ll notice as you first try these slippers on, how the deep heel cup perfectly holds your heel in place, assuring it doesn’t dance around as you walk.
All these features together also help with your lower legs’ alignment and as a consequence, your posture will improve as well. And good posture is something that’s not only important for your body in terms of balance and alignment, but it also makes you look taller, sleeker and more confident (have you ever seen anybody slouching and transmitting absolute confidence at the same time?).
4. The Outsole and Textiles
The outsole is synthetic, making it perfect to walk around the house and not worry about marking your floor or slipping over.
The fabric used on the upper part and also on the footbed is Terry Polyester, which is known for being extremely comfortable. The footbed is even covered in EcoFresh Technology, which controls and prevents bacterial growth and keeps any unpleasant smells in check.
The Pros and The Cons of Orthaheel Women’s Relax Slipper
So, after checking the main features, let’s take a look at how this translated to a pros and cons list.
- It’s extremely adjustable. You can make it your own everyday, adjusting it to fit your foot perfectly.
- The slipper provides amazing arch support.
- The positive effects of wearing these slippers are not limited to your Plantar Fasciitis only. They help with ankle and knee pain, as well.
- It can really help you improve your posture due to its positive effects on your lower leg alignment.
- The Tri-Planar Control Motion keeps the foot in its natural gait, which is great if your feet roll inwards when you walk.
- The textile used is of high-quality and the footbed is covered in EcoFresh, so you can wear the slippers barefoot.
- You can put them on or take them off without looking and in a matter of seconds.
- In case you want to get your morning newspaper, but don’t want to search for socks and put on your shoes to walk to your mailbox and back, you can wear these slippers outside thanks to the rubber sole.
- If you like letting your wilder side out when at home these slippers are great, since they not only come in different colors, but also in different animal prints.
- You can find them both in stores and online.
- For a high-support slipper, they’re not so expensive.
- They have the Seal of Acceptance from the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- The slipper is open in the front, so your toes are exposed. Which is great when it’s not cold, but they might not be the best option to wear in the winter if your feet get really cold easily. You could put on socks as a solution and continue enjoying all of the slipper’s benefits in those cold days as well.
- They’re available only in full (US) sizes. On the website, it’s recommended to order a size down in case you normally wear a half-size, but this might be a bit uncomfortable for somebody who’s been wearing the same size all their life. As always, unless you already know the product, I would highly encourage you to go and try on different sizes before ordering online.
- Although they’re extremely comfortable, the design is not the most beautiful in the world. I know this is a minor detail and a very subjective opinion, but it might matter to some of you ladies out there, that you really like what you see every time you look down at your feet.
Why Choose Orthaheel Women’s Relax Slippers?
As we’ve seen, the features of this slipper are truly amazing. So much so that they’ve gotten the American’s Podiatric Medical Association’s Seal of Approval.
They provide an amazing fit and arch support, but at all times remain extremely comfortable to anyone that’s wearing them. If you have or ever had Plantar Fasciitis you know this can make all the difference in the world.
Now, it can happen that you go, try them on and don’t like how they feel or look at all. In the end, they’re not magical. But more often than not, women really enjoy these slippers, and I think there’s a great chance you might too. Especially if you have overpronation and would like to have a slipper that can help you with this as well.
But, as always, as an amazing of a choice as it is, make sure they’re really the best fit for you. We’re talking about your health here and you shouldn’t settle for something that doesn’t feel right. Try them on, take a walk around the store and compare them to other options before you buy anything. The matter of Plantar Fasciitis shouldn’t be about the looks and the brand, but about the support, the cushioning, the protection of your foot, and if the slipper alleviates your pain or not.